ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Centre Manager of Sportz Central Stadium, you will be responsible for the day to day operation and management for all aspects of the centre. From managing existing bookings and customers to finding new opportunities for growth
People Management – Rostering, mentoring, training, recruitment of staff.
Managing the Centres bookings and looking for news customers and opportunities
Managing the Centres supplier contracts
Liaising and reporting to BNSW and Coffs Harbour Council
Managing maintenance schedule
Managing the centres budget in conjunction with General Manager and Finance Team
Work health and safety
Other duties as directed
To build strong and effective relationships with excellent customer service to our customers and user groups, key stakeholders, BNSW staff, Coffs Harbour Council and other sporting venues around the area.
Grow the centres profitability with both finding new user and revenue opportunities and managing the budget of the centre
Manage staff at all levels. Lead staff by example and look for ways to motivate and improve staff output and engagement
Yearly reporting to Coffs Harbour Council on the Centres performance and plan for the following year
Ensuring the Centre meets all safety codes and guidelines and adopts any new recommendations or changes in appropriate legislation
- BNSW General Manager Business & Commercial
- BNSW Finance Department
- Stadium Staff
- Other Sports Stadium Management venues and staff
- Experience as a supervisor or centre manager at a sports centre, health club or equivalent
- Experience in developing and implementing programs in a sport or recreation environment
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- First aid certificate
- Working with children check
- Barista trained or experienced
- Food handling and preparation experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification – Diploma, Degree or Cert III in Fitness (Group Fitness) in related field or equivalent experience within the sports industry
- Current Coaching/ Officiating Certificate(s)/or Licence in an Indoor Sport
- Current valid Australian drivers licence.
This is a full time position working on a 38 hour week. The Centre manager must have the desire and ability to work across any of the days and hours the centre is open. This will include evenings and weekends.
Applications for this role are now open, to apply for this position, you need to:
- Include a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
- Provide your CV, outlining your skills and experience.
Applications can be emailed to:
Mr Tim Whealing
General Manager Business & Commercial