Olde Memories and Treasures is an Australian owned family business located in Coffs Harbour NSW with a reputation for quality antique furniture and specialised restoration and upholstery. We've built our reputation on the quality of our people, the passion to deliver the best for our customers and the pride we have in our workmanship.
We have grown significantly in recent years and we are seeking a new person to be part of our team, bringing not only the required technical skills and dedication to the role but also a positive attitude.
The position requires the following:
- Proven experience in the following
- Sanding and the preparation of various kinds of timber including the use of chemical strippers.
- The application of timber stain, paint and lacquers
- The ability to repair and touch up surfaces.
- The application of final / top coat products to a high standard including clear, satin and gloss finishes.
- A strong focus on quality, reflected in a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work unsupervised and display good time management skills.
- The ability to manage workload and the flow of furniture throughout the restoration process.
- The ability to problem solve and provide ideas in line with customer requirements.
- The ability to apply cost factors to work practices, estimate and cost jobs.
- Be able to work as part of a team to ensure continuous improvement and to achieve group goals.
- Possess initiative and a positive and pleasant attitude, displayed in your approach to the work.
The successful candidate should also possess the following:
- In depth experience in the use of painted materials and furniture finishing hardware / tools (i.e. spray guns).
- The ability to learn quickly and continuously.
- Have a high attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, pride and passion in their work
- An enthusiastic approach to the work, driven to succeed and grow in the role and contribute to making the workplace an enjoyable place to be.
Experience in Cabinet Making or Upholstery would be advantageous but not essential.
When you join our team, we provide the following:
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Above award wages.
- Working on a variety of timbers and furniture.
- Part time hours allowing for a good work-life balance.
The position is available for an immediate start.
Please ensure to address the required points in your cover letter and send with your resume via 'Apply for this job'.
Please note that only candidates progressing through to the next stage will be contacted.
Any enquiries can be directed to Mr Jermaine Peters on (02) 6696 3875.
Job Type: Part-time